Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Merry - DT layout for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hey there friends,

I'm sharing a new layout today that I created for the Paige Evans + Silhouette Design Team.

I used two cut files on this page, the Poinsettia Nordic Background (ID: #228022) and the Polaroid Frame Border (ID: #228024).



I only cut the middle part of the cut file and backed it with different papers from My Mind's Eye Comfort&Joy and Crate Paper Falala. My background paper is from the MME Comfort & Joy collection.

Then I designed the rest of my layout in the Studio program to make sure my idea doesn't only work in my head! 


Now, I generally don't use more than 1-2 photos (and never bigger than 4x4) on my layouts because I love working on the background design as much as I love having my photos documented. I realised I have many photos from Christmas last year that I haven't scrapped yet and when I saw the Polaroid Frames cut file I thought it would be a great way to use several photos at once.


I wanted to create two banners to hold 8 pictures, I figured otherwise I'd never catch up on documenting everything ha! I however wanted my photos to be a bit bigger than what the cut file provided, so I sized them in a way my photos fit (I'm not sure about the size now, it's what you get when you print 4 square photos with border on your Canon Selphy, maybe about 1.5x1.5 inch?) and then cropped them (I have 4 frames instead of the original 5 in the cut file).


I backed the little clothespins with patterned paper then adhered my photos behind the frames. I put foam adhesive behind each frame to pop them off of the background. 


I added many little pieces of embellishments to the clothesline and the frames: chipboards from MME Comfort & Joy and Christmas on Market Street, wood veneers which I partly embossed with gold embossing powder. I also found this chipboard banner I've been hoarding, waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. Well I guess this was it! 


I wrote a couple of words on each frame instead of a long journaling and added my date to finish off my layout.

I hope I could show you a different way to incorporate many photos into a page design! Give it a try, it's fun! 

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

X