Monday, June 26, 2017

Goodbye - DT layout for The Cut Shoppe

Hey friends,

So here I am with my last layout for The Cut Shoppe! I am so very grateful to Ashley for this wonderful year! She was the first scrapbooker whose work stood out for me and who I found very inspiring! She is the reason I bought my Cameo back then and started using cut files. Besides being so creative, she is also an amazing, down to Earth person, who has helped me grow in many many ways. I am sad there will not be a TCS DT anymore, but I am sure I will keep using Ashley's cut files! 

As for my layout. I thought it would be fun to create a layout saying goodbye to The Cut Shoppe! For this I used  the Thin Line Alpha and the Open Your Heart cut files.





I'm always trying to use older collections for my TCS layouts, otherwise I never get to and it would be a shame. Here I used Paige Evans' super pretty first collection, Fancy Free, for Pink Paislee.  I love the colours, patterns and awesome embellies in this collection!

I cut both files out of white textured card stock. I backed the letters with a pink ombre paper, so the top letters are more pale. The heart cut file I backed with a citrus green ombre paper, again, the lighter colours are towards the top of the layout. 


I then fussy cut some flowers and leaves from one of the 12x12 papers. I played around a little bit with placement until I found their final spot. 

I used some foam adhesive to pop up the letters so they stand out more and so I can tuck the flowers behind them.


Since the layout is quite white and so is the background of my photo, I layered a few different patterned papers behind the photo. This way it didn't get completely lost. 


I added a couple embellies, not many because I already had a lot going on. Just a few buttons, a wood veneer tab and a puffy sticker.


To finish it off I wrote up my journaling and stamped my date.


I hope you like my layout! Even though this is my last one for The Cut Shoppe, I promise I will be back with more cut file inspirations soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
X